Thursday, October 4, 2012

two pictures of a snake

Well, two different snakes actually.

One picture of each, because that is all I can muster the strength to take. My body goes all weak and chill bumps run rampant across my skin. My hands start to shake and in the case of the first photo, my foot pressed down on the gas pedal and I zoomed away. This giant rattler was slithering across the road in front of my car as I was driving through the neighborhood.

I thought, oh great, the temperatures are cooling off a bit which means these lovelies will start to come out of hiding. 
Not cool!! 
And then, the next day, as I was heading out to the studio to talk to Chuck, this was on the path in front of me! I did do that "get the heck out of dodge" move that I do so well. Thanks for asking. It's comical looking I'm sure. But whose laughing?

So, instead of a face to face visit with Chuck, I dialed directly to his Reptile Wrangler number on my phone! It went something like this..."get out here right now there is a huge rattle snake on the path by Leah's window right now not in a minute but stay back but bring your shovel but don't get too close but  it's right here it's the biggest one I've seen except for the one on the road but this is in our yard and it is the biggest one I've seen in our yard are you coming it's starting to move ok hang up your phone cuz i can see you be careful it's right there hurry up wait stay back chop its head off no just toss it over the fence do you want me to get those grabber thingies wait... let me get a picture first"... and Reptile Wrangler says... "oooh that is a big one. I wonder where it was an hour ago when I was trimming the bushes?"

And so it goes.



I have to suit up before heading out to the backyard.


And I don't mean my swimsuit.

1 comment:

  1. The snake pictures were not as scary as the last picture.

    ReplyDelete