I'm sharing some of the pictures I captured of these speedy little creatures over the course of the summer. They always enjoy the flowers and the feeder we put out for them and, occasionally I have seen them hover over the pool, dipping in for a little drink. Often times, when the heat was more than most of us could bear, they would just sit quietly, contemplating the wonders around them.
Mostly though, they are ever busy, hovering around the flowers and drinking up the sweet nectar.
And again, amongst the cool shade of the flowering trees, this guy just sat and rested. He didn't even seem to mind that I was stepping closer with my camera. He just sat there. ...
...either airing out his underwings or waving at me. Anything to cool off I'm sure.
Although I wasn't able to capture him drinking from this little cluster of purple flowers, it was his small drink of choice on this particular day.
If today is a cold day where you are at, maybe seeing these summer day hummingbirds will warm you up a bit.
Stay warm. Stay cheerful!
Amazing birding!
ReplyDelete