Thursday, February 12, 2015
a classic memory
Recently, on a quick and spontaneous trip back to the old home state, I walked past the photography studio on Main Street. My friend and I stepped inside to say hello. Sure enough, right near the door was the photo of my kids that had been done at this studio...about 19 years ago! She puts it up every year . We reminisced about the really long photo shoot and all the funny stories attached to it. I hauled a couple of my antique furniture pieces and all the vintage clothes, plus the three kids into her studio. I think the session was about three hours long, with multiple candy bribes for the youngest little girl.
After a quick trip through a drive-through for some french fries on the way home, I unloaded all the stuff and then re-packed the car for a Thanksgiving trip to Albuquerque. The photos were a secret and a planned surprise for Chuck for Christmas. I was keeping my fingers crossed that the secret would not be revealed during the seven hour drive to Nana's. We were all packed and ready to go when Chuck got home from work. We had a moment of tummy trouble from all the "snacks" I handed out, but after a little delay, we were on our drive.
The kids never spilled the secret and the Christmas surprise was a success!
It was fun to see their photo in the studio. I occasionally hear from someone saying they saw it there too. It was also a treat to hear (after all these years) that the photographer still calls it one of her favorite photo shoots!
It was for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Photo shoots can be very stressful. Just ask Shawna and that's just for a quick two minute session. So nice you have this memento of those early years. Worth it!
ReplyDelete