The new job seems to be going well and to answer everyone's number one question, "Yes, he likes it quite a bit." They eased him in to it through orientation and those first short work weeks. Learning the computer system seemed to be the biggest challenge. That and matching his new ties to his new shirts early in the morning.(Does anyone remember Garanimals? I threatened to color code his wardrobe in the same way.) He seems to be comfortable with his new surroundings and is certainly enjoying the schedule. He is off now for the next two weeks. However, his honey do list has a few things on it. So far so good for him.
Leah has met some fun girls who have brought her into their circle. They have spent the night here and want to help her paint her new room. They are enjoying looking at her pictures of her friends in Montrose and love for her to share stories form her life there. We have a membership at the brand new YMCA, which has a great gym facility. She loves to invite her Mom and Dad along with her to work out. Her Dad is a much better sport, but I have made her proud at least once!
Rachel is still making a contribution to the basketball team and loving it! She fits in with them very well and makes her coach laugh. They became Regional Champs last week, the first time in six years! So, the season is looking good for the team. Balancing her new classes with the basketball schedule has been a bit of a challenge, but she is all about being challenged and is working extra hard. And the rumor is true, she has been out on a date a time to two!
Although we all miss our friends and everything we left behind, we are adjusting pretty well. Some days are easier than others. We thank everyone for inquiring about us and helping out with loose ends in our hometown. This has been an adventure and will continue to be filled with new things for us. Thanks for checking in with this little window that I am sharing with you.
Oh yes... I have been asked if I have met any friends. Well, I do have one. She is very knowledgeable of the area and helps me out a lot. She is not real talkative, but just enough. Once in awhile if I don't follow her instructions to a "T" she gets a little snippy with me. It's fun because she is willing to go anywhere I want to and even gives great shopping suggestions.
Introducing... my best friend Lucy!
And that is a really good thing.
I Love Lucy!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to meet her in March.
Maybe Lucy can take you to Antelope Canyon with your camera.
ReplyDeleteGlad for the family update.
So I guess she gives you the annoying "Recalculating" message occasionally? I'm always amused how annoyed she is when she says that to me! Miss you guys.....love the pictures! I'm totally redoing my studio, and I'll send you pictures when it's done!
ReplyDelete