There are a lot of things around the house that are still exactly the way they were when we unpacked. Admittedly, I've had a hard time arranging our things in a different house. We lived in our old blue house for a long time. It was our first real house and most of our furniture was acquired for a certain spot in that house. The decorations and "stuff" that I had sitting around were sort of eclectic but "farmy", to fit in with the old farmhouse.It was filled with lots of things and lots of memories. I've had a hard time with something that used to be in the living room is now in the family room, or something that was in the kitchen is now in the living room. It has been confusing to my being to walk by something and feel it doesn't belong there.
Being a stay-at-home Mom, with a few stay-at-home jobs over all those years gave me the opportunity to be at home. A lot. I've enjoyed that and have always been very thank full. But, I think, I became part of my house. My house was part of me. And being in a different one has made me feel a little off kilter. My world tipped off it's axis.
So, yesterday, I decided this hallway needed a little something. It leads to our bedroom and was very empty. We thought it would be a great place for some photographs.
In a different direction.
Wow, putting stuff on the walls. That's a big step! I still have stuff laying around or hidden in closets that I'd like to hang on the wall and just can't commit. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteNice wall...some of my favorite photos of the kids.
ReplyDelete