Monday, July 25, 2011

call it what ever you want

But I call it crazy.
Monsoon season. July in Arizona.

I heard on the radio the other day that we have had the dust monsoon. This week we are suppose to have the rain monsoon. Oh boy.

Last night about 9:00 the wind started to howl. Not like a coyote howl but a "I'm going to prune your palm trees" kind of howl. And then the lightening started. And thunder. The kind of thunder that shakes the whole house. Something like a big 4th of July fireworks explosion. And then the electricity went out. Inside the house. The electricity in the sky was on. Full on. The photo above was taken as the sky was lighting up. The wind was still blowing like crazy. As the sky lit up I could see something dark in the pool. Big and dark. We had to get a flashlight to see as I was imagining a creature about to emerge and take over our lives. Well, not really, but... it could.
It was one of the chairs from the patio. So at this point, do we call this the wind monsoon? That's what I was thinking. But alas, the radio weather person was right. It started to rain.

So it is official. The rain monsoons are here.


1 comment:

  1. At least Arizona is a mix of weather events. Here it is still hot, sunny and dry with no prediction of change soon.

    ReplyDelete