Friday, July 15, 2011

we love our puddin'


Pudding Cookies that is.
I got up early yesterday morning to make some cookies. Leah was going to the lake with some friends and needed a contribution for their lunch. These are easy, yummy, soft and chewy, and never last very long. I got this recipe from a Mom of one of the boys Austin played tennis with in high school. She would bring them to the tennis matches and the boys would swarm like flies. In fact, so did the coaches.
And well, yes, so did I.

The basic recipe can be customized to fit your particular tasty craving. The 'special' ingredient that makes these so soft and tasty is pudding. Yep, just one box of Jello Instant pudding added to the batter. So, you see... depending on what kind of cookie you want... just change the flavor of the pudding.

These were made with chocolate pudding and chocolate chips. They will satisfy your chocolate cravings. They seem to be our favorite. Other combinations we like?
Chocolate pudding with peanut butter chips.
Vanilla pudding with chocolate chips.
Add nuts. How about m&m's. That works. How about chocolate pudding with white chocolate chips? Or nuts, chips and m&m's with vanilla pudding? See what I mean. Basic recipe tweaked to your particular craving of the day. It all works. And they are always good. I always double the recipe.

This is the original recipe that she gave me. It is for a basic chocolate chip cookie.

Pudding Cookies
1 c. soft butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. instant pudding
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda

optional:
2 cups chocolate chips
1 c. nuts

Cream together until fluffy: butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla and pudding. Add the flour and baking soda. Mix together. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Bake @350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.


As I said, you can add just about any goodie to these to fit your taste or occasion.We have found, for edibility purposes, anything works. I started making these before I even had breakfast yesterday. So, sampling them warm out of the oven took the place of my breakfast.

That works too.



5 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm thinking about heading to the store for a box of pudding mix. Any cookies from your kitchen are delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from the grocery store and have two different flavors of puddings and chips. Let the baking begin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I was going to make these but I just got back from the doctor and I've gained a little too much weight. And I'll say another Oh no because my mom sounds like she's making some and we'll be expected to help eat them. Good thing I have two little cookie eaters that can easily burn off the extra calories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baked some last night...chocolate with chocolate chips and chocolate with chocolate chips and pecans (from our own pecan trees). I was thinking that all this chocolate would satisfy my sister Karen's "chocolate tooth." Guess we'll find out. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I made a batch today. Dark Chocolate Pudding and white baking chips. You must have used a scoop to get yours so bakery uniform. Mine look more free-form. I also decided reading glasses are no longer an optional item for baking. When measuring the 1/4 cup, I mistakenly used the 1/3 cup for the sugars. I'm sure the cookies are supposed to be sweet, but mine are SWEET.

    ReplyDelete