Tuesday, November 8, 2011

dark soggy clouds

Yesterday, I put away the sandals and put on socks and tennies. 

It was cold. And it was rainy. Leah was home (today too) because she is not feeling well. We were sitting at the table having lunch, when the dark cloud that had been looming overhead cracked with a bolt of lightening and a jolt of thunder. And the rain came pouring down.

And then it started to hail. Little tiny icy hail balls. And more and more rain. In fact, we said, "hail... that is a lot of rain"! Within minutes we watched the level of the pool rise and the accumulation of hail balls looked like snow. The snow lover got pretty excited!

See, little icy hail balls. Or, if you miss the snow... little perfect snow balls!

Looking out the front and across to the neighbor's house, it did look like a light dusting of snow.

Only, it was still raining along with the icy snow balls.  Leah said "YES, we have a moat around our house!

We had to leave for a Dr.'s appointment.  Since we had that small moat around our house I could only imagine what the washes were going to look like. They were not bad, a small run of water but not gushing like they sometimes do. As we were driving, the sky started to lighten up in front of us. As I looked in my mirrors, I could see that a big black cloud was over the mountain behind us. (also our house). To the south, in front of us it was fairly clear. It was raining on us as we drove. I watched the temperature rise on the car thermometer 10 full degrees in the 25 miles we drove. We were dressed for winter in coats and even a scarf for me.

As my "not feeling very well" daughter looked out the car window up into the dark, soggy, rainy sky, she said...

"I'm so under the weather".
                                       

1 comment:

  1. Even when she's sick she's still funny! Get well soon Leah!

    ReplyDelete