Wednesday, May 30, 2012

magnolia


It is that time of year again...when the Magnolia tree blooms and the bees come swarming in.


I know I showed you some photos of the bloom last year, but I just couldn't resist taking some pictures of it again.




 Look closely at the legs of this bee, he was buzzing his wings very quickly. But, can you see the little bundles of pollen he is carrying around with him? I think that is fascinating how they ball it up like that.

After the flower is done, which is only about a day or two, it starts to dry up and turn orange. The petals fall to the ground and leave behind the pretty insides.



It can bee a messy tree.
It can bee a beautiful tree.
But I will take it..bees and all.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get the call from Dr. Suess on that rotary phone of yours?

    ReplyDelete