Wednesday, May 29, 2013

the nest

It was full.

                                                             And now it is empty.

It seemed a little quiet out on the front patio. So, I reached my arm up and snapped a photo of the nest. And sadly, it was empty. Something got in there and stole the babies. As Chuck replied when I texted him the news..."how do any of these birds ever survive?" It's a sad thing. The last time we had baby cardinals, I saw a roadrunner snag one in its beak and take off over the fence. Snakes, giant rats, roadrunners...leave the baby birds alone!

Ironically, the day I found the nest empty was the day we were packing up Leah to move back up to her college town. She is taking some summer classes and we found her a cute little apartment. No more dorm life !

Rachel is splitting her time between here and her school apartment. She is working part time close to our house and working on an internship with her professor at school. 

So, as the bird nest was empty, so is ours... again.  Partially.



1 comment: