Thursday, November 14, 2013

about dreaming


I took this picture of a very large spider and its web while I was in Texas. While browsing through my photos this morning,  I stopped at this one and immediately had a little tune pop into my head.

Think about songs you hear and like to sing along on the radio. Sometimes you don't know the words or you think a word is something other than what it really is. You know what I mean? Well, this particular song is one we all know very well. Our daughter Rachel used to sing it when she was very young...over and over again. And sometimes, to this day, I sing it in my head...just like she used to do it. In fact, after eighteen year singing it her way, it is easy to forget what the real words are. Here's how she sang it all those years ago and oh, probably only a few years ago did she say "wait...that's not how it goes?"

   Row, row, row your boat,
   Gently down the stream.
   Merrily, merrily, merrily merrily,
   life's a spiders dream.
                           -Rachel

I know you will be singing it in your head like this, over and over again.

I always do.

~norma~

1 comment: