While at their new store I saw a display that they had put together. It was a large tray filled with these pretty blue and white ceramic spice jars. There were large ones for flour and such as well. They had filled them with bulbs. Naturally, with my weakness for bulbs (especially tulip bulbs that I rather miss around my yard) and my love of the color blue on white (like my dinner plates), I decided I had to leave with one of these little cuties.
Soon, the buds started to open and the flowers began to emerge. Quite literally, before my very eyes.
Each day, the stems grew taller and taller as the flowers burst their way out.
The flowers are pretty and delicate.
And...they have a very light, very sweet scent. So pretty.
As you can see, once they started to bloom, I moved them to the kitchen table so that we could enjoy them every day.
Then one night, we came home and found the flowers had become so heavy they tipped over the entire little jar, spilling the water out onto the table. I set it back up, but to my dismay, the flowers were so heavy they just stayed bent over.
I propped them up in a corner on the counter where the wall could help hold them up. The flowers still looked so pretty and I figured we would just have to enjoy them over in the corner. Then, two days later, I noticed they were standing back up again, all on their own. So, I moved them back to the table where they still are standing tall, although a little wonky now.
I'm amazed at how long these flowers are lasting.
Paper whites.

That's narcissus for you!
ReplyDelete