Tuesday, January 28, 2014

smile project UPDATE

Last week, I featured "smiles", on Quote Monday.  I made some "take a smile" sheets and found a few places around town to hang them. That turned out to be the hardest part. Finding a place and trying to be sly about it. I felt like I needed to tape them up without being seen and forever reason, that made me feel nervous. Just anticipation nervous I think. Today, I will give you an update on how it turned out.

Thursday was the day. Here are the sheets and the tool needed to get the task completed on the car seat next to me.

The first stop was at the post office. I needed to pick my mail up and it is a pretty busy place, so I thought it would be a good place to start. This is where I sat and watched the many people go in and out the door. No one took one while I was there, but I did see one lady hesitate and actually smile!

Next, I placed one (very strategically) at the pet stop in the plaza. Because people that need one of these bags also needs a smile.

I placed one at two of the local grocery stores and near a restaurant.  Then, I went back through the route I had just taken, ending up at the post office. That is where I saw that indeed, someone had taken a smile! Yay!!


Yesterday, I went back around to check on the signs. I stopped at the post office and saw that either a lot of people took a lot of smiles or someone took it down because they wanted a clean appearance to the entrance.

Same with the pet stop. All cleaned up.


                                       But at one of the grocery stores...someone took a smile!
                                                            And that someone was ME!

I may try this again some day. I don't think I chose great locations for my smile sheets.
But, I love the idea!

                                                             Here is the smile I took....
               
                                                               It is for YOU!


Update:

 I needed to pick up a few things at the grocery store today and to my surprise...this one is still there AND two smiles were taken!  Yay!! 

2 comments: