I apologize to those of you that are still wintered in. I've lived that life and know the longing for spring and green and flowers. It's coming your way...I promise. We didn't have a hard freeze at all this past winter, which has allowed many of the plants to flourish. Some of them are crazy pretty!
The cacti are starting their bloom as well. It is always so amazing to see the pretty delicate flowers these fierce plants produce. The cactus and other flowering plants seem to bloom in color order. Right now, it is mostly orange and yellow.
We have some grape vines. Not enough to make wine or anything such as that. Just enough to look pretty along a fence. Especially, when the morning light is touching them.
The bougainvillea.
The rose.
The poppy. (yes, it is still blooming)
The orchid tree. This tree froze down to the ground two years ago. It has managed to grow again and this year it has finally bloomed again. I featured the flowers on yesterday's quote post. Beauty! I loved the way the sun was shining through the leaves.
The cactus.
The succulent.
And a post about things in our yard would not be complete without at least one creature.
A carpenter bee was visiting the poppy. These bees are giant-sized. They fly slowly like little mini helicopters. Mini helicopter-like giant bees!
This is the perfect time of year in Arizona. It's when I say, ok...I like living here. If it weren't for the summers though. And the lack of fall. But really, I can't argue with Arizona right now.
And then there were those javelina that we could hear behind the fence yesterday afternoon...
Beautiful photos of beautiful flowers all the way down to the downy fuzz on the stems. Gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures!! One talented mama
ReplyDelete