Post edit: The video clip is working now. Thank-you Rachel.
As the sun was rising the last morning ,we took a quick walk along the beach. A farewell walk.
The day before had been stormy, so the waves were really rolling as the sun was coming up.
The sun was setting the night before while we were taking a nice sunset cruise. It was at this point that I thought I might have needed some dramamine. But, the captain of the boat turned around and went to calmer water.
Lucky for my dinner companions.
Our shellfie!!
I got so excited when I saw this unbroken conch shell. And then I noticed the conch critter was still inside! They're a strange looking little creature for sure.
Here is a short video. It's a wonder they make any progress along the beach at all.
And back again to our last morning walk. We were just about the only people out that early in the morning. It was beautiful!
I really didn't want to leave. Really.
I'm not quite done talking about our time at the beach.
It's hard not to keep thinking about it.
I have more pictures to share.
Check back.
Until then....
Give us the sun and the sea,
the waves and the sand,
the wind in our faces,
as we walk hand in hand.
~norma
I wrote that in 2002, the first time we as a family went to Florida.
I have it on a framed piece hanging in our bedroom with pictures of the kids.
It is one of my favorite things.
edit: it looks as though my video isn't working like it should. I will try to fix the problem. Rachel..are you reading this? I have a problem that needs your assistance.
Aside from the shell, the conch is not a very lovely creature. And it's no wonder that the restaurant had the disclaimer about not sending it back when your menu choice comes out chewy as that is an inherent quality of the conch.
ReplyDeleteProps to the video assistant!