It's been a while ago that I took these photos. I found them while scrolling through my files the other day. It was so neat to watch these guys that afternoon. There are scary things that I see in our yard, but there are some pretty cool things too and I feel lucky when I happen upon them. So, because it's Friday and the title worked... here are your four foto's....
two
four
Smile!
I watched these three dragonflies on the dried agave stalk for way too long. It was interesting because one would fly up and circle around, then two, then three, and then all land back on the stalk. Sometimes in the same order, sometimes a different order. I watched them for probably a good thirty minutes or more. One flew off for a few minutes and I lost sight of it, then suddenly it appeared right back where it had been. They also stayed evenly spaced, probably the exact amount of room needed for wing span and flight take off. These things are the most interesting color and when we first moved here I snapped a pic for this blog and I commented something about a sunburn. I had never seen a dragonfly that color and after living in Arizona, one does tend to get a sunburn and tan now and then.
Happy Friday!




Fantastic!
ReplyDelete