Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ghostly cupcakes

This really isn't a food blog because I'm really not a professional chef, or an accidental cook or someone who is striving to be either of those... well if I accidentally became an excellent cook... I'd take that title. Mostly, I'm a mom cook. I've learned to make things that my kids like to eat. Over the years, I have paid attention to my mother-in-law (who is a good cook), friends, cooking shows on t.v, magazines and the ever resourceful internet. I've picked up some pretty good recipes, a couple of which I have shared here before. Sometimes I like to tweak a recipe or a technique and put my own twist on it. My niece encourages me to post more recipes on my blog. She is an aspiring good cook. So, for her, I will share my recipe for these ghostly cupcakes.
Remember them from the haunted dining room? They were doing their best to act all scary and peek through the spider-web-filled graveyard. Booooooo.
Here they are again. This time I scared the peeps out of 'em and they froze in their tracks!
Okay. Here is the recipe.

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 can chocolate frosting
4 pkgs. marshmallow ghost peeps

Make the cake according to instructions on box.
Bake and cool. Frost. Add a peep using a toothpick.

I know.

I challenge you to make these for some kids that you know. They will be impressed and they will love the peeps. Be sure you remind them that there is a toothpick buried in there. We don't want anyone to get hurt. The best thing about this 'recipe' is that it can be adapted to any holiday that peeps are involved.

And you are now thinking..."why Norma, you are an excellent cook."

note: to my college boy...if you are reading this..you are getting a box of baked goodies sent from home. Not these cupcakes, but something equally as good.

From, your Mom cook.

4 comments:

  1. You've heard of the term ghost writer, right? I think you just earned the title Ghost Cook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm...I love peeps and I have box of chocolate cake mix. Maybe Carter and Evan will get a ghostly cupcake visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looked for peeps today but couldn't find them. Where did you buy yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I bought these at Walgreens. But I have seen them at Target too.

    ReplyDelete