Monday, October 18, 2010

the haunted dining room

Homecoming week turned out to be pretty fun. There were some highlights that they shared with enthusiasm and some low points that were shared with... less enthusiasm. Leah had a group come here for the before dance dinner. Like I mentioned before, I decided to stick with the schools theme and do a little haunted house decorating. The menu was simple, as they had requested pizza. I did stretch myself and added a salad and desert. There were a couple of funny comments made by some of the guests. One of her friends, who was the most excited, said, "it looks like a movie!" The best comment though was this... after the pizza had arrived I heard someone say, "it is so nice out we should eat outside!" Okaaay(?).... fortunately, someone replied "that would be rude, she went to a lot of work setting the table."

Before. (which now looks rather plain and a bit boring)
After.
A different view.
And a few details. I have a collection of lace doilies. I have been teased about them a time or two. But this time, my use of them was commended. All spidery and webb-y.
Thirsty?
Let me find the definition for: mummy n. someone well preserved who cooks, cleans, does laundry and loves her children.
Ahh...the relatives.
Recognize anyone?
Grandpa.
The hanging chandelier.
I needed someone to give me a hand with the salad.


A round of applause for the handsome place setting.
I think the skullery maid will need to do some extra cleaning.
Looks like this has been here awhile.
The raven.
Spirited cupcakes.
Is your head spinning yet?
Bwahahahaha...
Inspired?


note: I meant no disrespect to our beloved relatives whose cherished photographs hang on our walls.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun dinner party and your decorations are all set and early for Halloween. You are just so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party looked like a lot of fun! Evan loved the pitcher of skulls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Erica could use a few of your spirited ideas. She decorates for her annual Halloween party beginning right about now. Fun!

    ReplyDelete