Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

The pumpkin pie went in the oven and came out smelling delicious. So did the pecan and the apple pie too. My pie apprentice helped me assemble and bake them to what we hope is a tasteful treat.
My table is set. And the real bird is in the oven beginning to make the house smell Thanksgiving-like. What a memory filled smell it is.
I love these little turkey plates. I bought them at Pottery Barn many years ago. I've never regretted the purchase.
I have just a small bit of decoration. My mom made this pine cone wreath many, many years ago. I used to put it out only for the holidays, but because I really like it, I keep it out all the time now.
I am thankful to have my family here today for Thanksgiving. I will miss those that shared our table with us all of the years we lived in Colorado.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute Thanksgiving decor. The plates are very cute! I made two pecan pies yesterday using the Pioneer Woman' recipe and her cream maple sauce. We tasted one for Thanksgiving eve and it was delicious. I have been nursing a turkey all afternoon with Bobby Flay's recipe from the Throwdown. It looks and smells good. I hope it tastes good, because it has been a lot more labor-intensive than the Reynold's cooking bag version. As soon as the turkey is done, it is sage gravy time. Then all over to Shawna's for dinner. She is making all the sides. Lots to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Yes, we have much to be thankful for too. Brined my turkey this year a la Pioneer Woman. It was delicious! We enjoyed pumpkin and apple pies at our house. Love your table and side board decorations. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have much to be thankful for at the Cheek house. We're thankful for the jobs we have that allow us to spend time together daily. We're thankful for the family and friends that are in our lives.

    Thanks for posting your Thanksgiving traditions!

    ReplyDelete