Two thousand eleven.
No matter how you write it or how you say it, it is going to be hard to get used to. In fact, after eleven years, I still have a hard time remembering the whole two thousand something.
We spent last week in Texas with family. We had a great time celebrating a late Christmas and ringing in the New Year. Well, not so much ringing as... kazooing. Auld Lang Syne is something to hear and see with a bunch of men with kazoos at midnight! I won't be posting that video. Or should I? There was a lot of delicious food, thanks to my niece. Yummy cookies that Grandma made. Musical entertainment by the very talented husband of my niece. And some good hugs and lots of laughs from the under-the-age-of-ten group. It was a great time and we enjoyed it all.
Rachel had traveled to Wyoming for a basketball tournament and nearly didn't make it out because of a big snowstorm. The temperature bottomed at minus twenty seven (with the wind chill) which was enough to freeze these Arizona girls!
And, oddly enough, while we were gone, it snowed here in Phoenix! Leah got a photo text from a friend showing the snow up here in our neighborhoods. What? The big five year snow in Phoenix and we missed it!
At least we still have the scissor snowflakes in Leah's room.
post edit:
So... if anyone read this post today, before I was informed of my mathematical and calendar error...oops. If you know me well, you know that numbers are not my thing. If you don't know me well...my secret is revealed. It may be that I had the Mayan end of the world year on my brain because my mathematically gifted children have been talking about it lately.
The correction has been made. Thank you for alerting me.
My kind of snowflakes!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the nice words. Your daughter was a lot of help to me in the kitchen. Maybe I should forward her the pasta ingredients so she can make it for you at home.
ReplyDelete