Friday, June 10, 2011

finito completo

Done.
Three albums.
Two hundred and seventy eight pages.
Kindergarden through twelfth grade.
A whole lot of memories.
A whole lot of pictures.
First days of school.
Last days of school.
Field trips, field days, teachers, friends, awards, handwriting, notes, sports, dance, milestones, accomplishments and smiles.
All there. All documented. A life of school days.
My gift to her, as I did for the boy when he graduated from high school four years ago, and one I will do for the younger girl next year.
Because, as a Mom who was fortunate enough to be there for all those accomplishments and memories, it is an honor to give it all back for them to have forever. Hopefully, when their kids someday ask them... what did you do when you were in fourth grade? They can pull out an album and show them.

I officially started in February and finished this week. I could have started when she was actually in kindergarden, but then I would have missed out on all the days of reminiscing I have done these last few months. And, I probably would not have had teary eyes if I had done it as it was happening. You can bet I have reminisced and had teary eyes. Lots of them.

This is what I have been doing to prepare for the big graduation. There are a few bits and pieces that will need tweaking at some point. But for now, the albums are done. The mess is being cleaned up and I will look forward to it again next spring.

Ahhhhh.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your trilogy, the albums and your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we were going to be able to see them sooner rather than later. Carter would enjoy seeing Rachel little and in first grade.

    ReplyDelete