Tuesday, September 20, 2011

swallowtail


As I was looking through my pictures yesterday, I came across this one from the summer. It was taken during the graduation festivities and I think it was taken by one of my sisters. It's a pretty one, perfectly resting on the rose bush. The unfortunate thing is that it is missing its 'tail' section on the bottom of its wing. Otherwise, the right side is almost a mirror image of the left. Strong wings, vibrant colors... quietly fluttering. Amazing.

Also, if you look closely you will see that a sneaky bee flew into the picture over there on the right. Not so silently buzzing around the butterfly, admiring it's vibrant colors. The bee was probably thinking...
"honey, those are some pretty beeutiful wings you have there!"

It is really quite something how a butterflies wings are so delicate and soft looking yet they fly around with such strength and determination. They make us happy every time we see one flutter by. Each one  uniquely different. Today I say...

Be strong like a butterfly.





post edit: o-kay, photo credit goes to my brother-in-law Mark, not one of my sister's after all. It's quite a beeutiful photograph and yes... the spelling bee was intentional. 

2 comments:

  1. But if cornered, sting like a bee.

    The photographer was none other than Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was Mark. And yes, it is a beautiful butterfly. He grabbed my camera when we were tie-dying t-shirts. I think he even took a picture on Karen's camera too. Quite a talented young man!

    ReplyDelete