I have a collection of old ornaments.
This year, I did something different with some of them. I have this wire tree form that I picked up a couple of years ago. Every year it has had a different collection of things hanging on it. This year... part of my glass ornament collection. I have a few from our childhood Christmas tree, some from my mother-in-law and some from our great old neighbor who lived on part of our property in Colorado. After she passed away her family members cleaned out her home. They put many things on a trash pile. Some of these ornaments were part of that pile. I rescued them. Now, along with some from my mother-in-law and a few that other friends have given me, it has become a collection.I love the colors and the delicate glass.
And the shapes.
This one reminds me of all the layers and bundles we had to put on when we were kids.
I have always loved running my fingers into the impressions on these ornaments.
Like they say...they don't make them like they used to.
Pretty.
ReplyDeleteThey look good on the wire Christmas tree form. Where did you find all these? Did you find them all at once, or have you collected them over the years?
ReplyDeleteOk, I must have read your blog post after a night of very little sleep. I didn't comprehend much of it. My mom pointed out that the whole blog was about how you got all the special ornaments. Duh.
ReplyDelete