Wednesday, September 5, 2012

phone photo & a painted pig




I was looking through the pictures on my phone and found this. I took it, once again, out the window of the car. (Yes, I was in the passenger seat.) It was taken along the highway between the towns of Telluride and Ridgway, in Colorado this summer.

When I see the quality of the pictures, taken on a phone for crying-out-loud, out the window of a moving car, I wonder how long the point and shoot camera will be in use? They don't call them smart phones for nothin'!  The view isn't half bad either.

I imagine the  mountain colors are starting to change to their fall splendor right about now. Fall is coming to this part of Arizona too, I'll prove it later.

I think the man should put this view on canvas and preserve it in oil forever. Don't you?

Speaking of paint on canvas.


The pig painting on the wall was done by Rachel. She painted it and gave it to the owners, her bosses,  at the BBQ restaurant she worked at for the summer. It was her thank-you gift to them for giving her the opportunity to work there. They loved it and hung it right by the register! The gallery owner next door has already approached Rachel to do some paintings to hang and sell in her gallery. She likes to promote young, new artists in the area. Wow... that made the college girl smile! Since she has been back to school, we have heard that customers have asked about some commissioned paintings. So, in her spare time, after her homework and studying is done, I think she will be painting.

Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment