Friday, September 7, 2012

sunflowers on a rainy day


A certain nice guy brought home some AMAZING sunflowers for me! And I do love me some sunflowers. Especially on my table. Well, I really love them the very most when they are growing wild... by the side of the road. Yep, all that gold is lovely, lovely sunflowers.


When I took college girl2 to college, the sunflowers were blooming abundantly in open fields and along the edge of the highway. We were all smiles to see them, as they are a favorite of not just mine.

See what I mean? All smiles.

Today it has been raining. A welcome sight. After all, it is the monsoon season so we should be happy to see some rain. So much better than the dust that is less than delightful during the monsoon season here in Arizona. I've even opened the doors and windows this morning... just to tease me that it is fall. At least for today.

So happy to see sunflowers on my table.
So happy to see the rain.
So happy all three of the college kids are enjoying their fall semesters!

Happy friday!

P.S. Just a shout out to some of my Colorado friends. The cute red 'doily' under the sunflowers on my table was handmade by my friend's Mom. She makes them to be used as kitchen wash cloths, but I tend to love them on my counters under bowls, or on my table under blue pitchers full of sunflowers. I just love them. The doily's and my friends! And the sunflowers. But, I said that already.

No comments:

Post a Comment