I spent a great 10 days in Colorado stompin' around the old neighborhood and then some. The Barn Sale went really well. I arrived on Wednesday and jumped right in to the barn. We cleaned, tidied and set all of our goods around in this great barn space. We fixed and fussed, hammered and nailed, painted, primped and priced until 2 a.m! Jeanine had worked hard to cover all the walls in burlap and other great accent fabrics ahead of time, making the barn perfectly ready for the finishing touches. A good friend Bev stopped by to help out AND bring us some much needed chili for dinner. It was delicious!
Lori and I got up bright and early the next morning and set up the signs along the highway. As we entered the barn we marveled at all our work. I walked around and took some photos and then the people started meandering in. Actually, the correct word would be scampering. Or rushing.
The first hour and fifteen minutes was non-stop selling. People were snatching our goodies up pretty quickly. I found myself at the checkout counter and never moved away from it. The ole' retail experience really kicked into high gear as I smiled, greeted, added, wrapped and thanked our new friends.
A few of the pieces are permanent fixtures...in case we decide to do this again some day.
There was a nice sprinkling of holiday cheer throughout our displays. Hello me!
We had a nice collection of vintage treasures, antique pieces, repurposed goods, hand made items and some good newer re-sale things as well. Love that rustic wood cabinet there in the corner. A nice couple snagged that up first thing. They also bought my little gold bird table too!
I had my eye on that great green coverlet, but it was bought before I had time to even think about it.
In fact, there were many items that caught my attention, but we all did very well to not purchase a bunch of each other's stuff.
The wood stove, along with keeping us cozy warm, got a lot of attention from the men folk. They were thrilled to see something "manly" in what they quickly labeled a "girly store". We had some good laughs at a few of the guys who wandered in thinking it was a real "barn" sale. Surprise!
My map lamp sold to a "grandma" of a German exchange student. They had been in early in the day and the high school girl really liked it. The lady came back later in the day to buy it for the young girl. She plans to give it to her for Christmas. She told us that she used to work in a lamp and lighting store so she knows how to pack lamps for shipping. This little lamp that I made will make its final home in Germany when the girl goes back after the end of the school year. Isn't that great? The young girl bought one of the Colorado license plates to send to her brother for Christmas. She was a sweet girl and I am happy to know that she will have this lamp.
A cute children's cupboard that did manage to find a home right up the hill in Jeanine's house. She just couldn't resist that one for her granddaughter!
The property and home were just lovely. An old farm house. My heart was all a flutter.
I painted, sanded and added some old sheet music to this mirror. It sold pretty early on.
My glovelies and quilttens looked pretty cute hanging from this old metal crib rail above our checkout counter.
And with that, our Christmas Barn Sale was over.
Three days of good company, good ideas shared between us, and just plain goodness all around.
Thank you for the invite Jeanine.
Thank you Lori for the hospitality and sharing all your great friends.
Thank you to all my dear friends from Montrose who drove up to see me. (and take some of my things home with them.)
Until the next Barn Sale...
Oh, what fun! Glad it was such a success. The displays looked great, but I didn't expect anything less.
ReplyDeleteI would have been in heaven there in that old barn surrounded by vintage pretty-ness. I'm glad it was such a success and that you girls had a lot of fun together.
ReplyDelete