Friday, September 20, 2013

like home

As most of you know, my Mom made a move from Colorado to Texas last month.
It is her third time to live in Texas...so like I said... "the third time's a charm."

She will be closer to family. Lots of family. She is in a really beautiful retirement apartment complex. 

So much of her treasured furniture and family collections fit nicely into her new home. What didn't fit, will be lovingly cared for in the homes of her "oh-so-grateful" daughters.

The move was a big accomplishment and actually, even though it was hotter than hot in Texas that weekend, it was a great family moment. Do you see that painting above her couch? She painted that when she was in high school. She has modestly said over the years..."it's really not that special." I don't agree. It has always been a favorite. It is such a peaceful painting. And now I love that it has a nice place to hang.

Her collection of aluminum goodies. Why yes, there is a strong family bond in the collecting department. It goes back a few generations!

As her move was becoming a reality and downsizing was in the forefront, she decided to purchase this china cabinet from the estate of one of her friends from her old neighborhood. It would replace a much larger piece that would not fit as well in her new apartment. This was meant to be. Her pretty dishes and family pieces look very nice it it, especially when the sun shines through the window and catches the sparkle of the glassware.

 We managed to fit many of her things in despite the smaller space.


And here she is. Looking comfortable in her new apartment. I'm excited to hear about the adventures in her new place.

Like Chuck said when he saw the pictures..."Looks like home to me."

And it does. It just seems to suit her and all of her furniture. Nothing looked out of place. It all looked very natural.

I hated to leave so soon after getting everything unpacked and organized. I felt like I wanted to hang-out and enjoy it a little bit. So, I'll just have to go for a visit. In the meantime...

" Mom...I hope it is starting to feel like home."

~norma~


3 comments:

  1. It all looks wonderful. Now, when you come back to Texas, can you make my place look as good? It might take more than a few days!

    ReplyDelete