Crocheted and knitted blankets were once the blanket of choice.
Especially the homemade kind. People spent hours knitting beautiful blankets, sweaters, socks, mittens and hats to keep their loved ones warm. It was a skill that fell out of favor when new easy-to-use fabrics proved to be much simpler to make into fashionable blankets and clothing. Recently, knitting has had a resurgence. People are picking up the yarn and needles again, spending hours creating warm cozy items for people they love.
Like these bunny slippers. I would wear these.
Perhaps the idea of making something for someone and facing the reality that they might not like it or it won't fit ... makes the idea of making something for your pet very attractive! (?) They won't thank-you and then stash it away in a drawer ... never to be seen again. Nope. They will wear it with pride and joy from the moment you stretch it over their cute little heads.
They will thank-you over and over again for making a clever little hat to keep their cute little head warm.
Perfect!
I wonder if it's itchy? Lambswool makes me itch.
I have to admit it though, this is a cute one!
Oh...these two.
I really couldn't find words to describe these.
When I am out and about at estate and yard sales, looking for vintage treasures for my little shop, I see crocheted blankets for just a few dollars. The throw-away price just doesn't match the many hours it took to make these blankets. They just lost their appeal somewhere along the way. Or have they? The geometric patterns and bright colors really are timeless. Mostly.
You know the ones I'm talking about...
Seriously. Look at all the colors and imagine how long it took to make a blanket like this. I actually found one at a sale a year or two ago. The colors were perfect to match Leah's bedroom in her college apartment. It only cost three dollars. I bought it and she loves it. I don't have a photo of that actual blanket...these are just some I found on the internet.
One of the outdoor shopping plazas here in Phoenix actually had light posts wrapped in some of these great old vintage blankets. I snapped these two photos on an Arizona winter day, oh when it was probably... 69 degrees. It was pretty funny to see. You know, everything old is new again and things can become hip and trendy in the hands of the right people.
Like this.
Re-use those old colorful blankets. Warm yourself with shorts like these!
Cozy, cozy, cozy.
You don't like shorts? No problem.
Up-cycled crocheted bell bottomed hipster pants!
With scalloped edging on the hem!! Fashionable with natural ventilation.
Like I said, what's old is new again.
Hip AND trendy!












I have a granny-square sweater that I have not been able to part with. I may have to get it out of the back closet and wear it again.
ReplyDelete