Wednesday, April 19, 2017

color wednesday

 Today, because we are enjoying another beautiful blue sky and because the temperatures are rising, which can give us the blues when it reaches one hundred and doesn't stop...I'm featuring the color blue.

Like the blue in this peacock painting that Rachel did a few years ago. 

                          Or the cute blue dress Leah wore one day, also a few years ago.

That amazing blue glass sculpture that was at the Botanical Gardens one time when Mom was visiting. Oh, and I guess I should mention her pretty blue top that happened to match it nicely.

              That old blue house. Although, against the winter sky it looks bit greenish. But it's blue.

                                                                    This butterfly!

This orb. It was a feature at the Botanical Gardens as well. This time during the holiday light exhibit.

          Any one of the interesting blue skies we get to see quite often around here, just before sunset.

His car. One of the girls' high school friends from Montrose nicknamed it the Chuckmobile.  The name stuck and now that he traded that car for a new one...the Chuckmobile is missed.
Mostly the name I think.

And this car. Not the car he traded his Chuckmobile for, but this is a pretty sweet ride.
We spotted it in Santa Fe.

  My pretty stained glass window that a dear friend in Montrose made. She gifted it to me when we first moved in to that old blue farmhouse. Technically, the house was green when we moved in, but I knew I wanted to paint it blue as soon as we could. And we did.  It hung in our kitchen window the entire time we lived there and when the morning sun would shine through the beveled glass, rainbows would reflect on the wall across from it. I always said they were Jane's rainbows.  I happen to love tulips and the color blue so, this is one of my favorite things.

  The blue of the ocean when we were lucky enough to spot dolphins swimming in front of out boat. We spotted them on a sunset whale watch in Hawaii.

 The reflection of the sky in the water of this gravity run water feature we saw on a tour...also while in Hawaii. The grounds of this plantation were just beautiful. This being an example.

                                    I hope the color of the sky is shining down on you bluetifully today!

1 comment: