Ray Villafane, the Food Network pumpkin carving champ and now a famous sand sculptor, lives in our area and we are lucky enough to have this pumpkin display for the second year.
It's creative, imaginative and a really gourd Halloween treat!
You may remember this pumpkin display from last year. They are real carved pumpkins suspended in fake saguaro cactus filled with a vinegar solution to preserve them. These are new carved designs. This one with the little frog holding a pumpkin seed daisy was my favorite!
Most of the pumpkins that are sitting around are the plastic ones, which surprises me that they can carve such detail in them.
As you walk through the gardens there are vignettes featuring the pumpkins. Jumper!Another amazing real pumpkin...the detail is incredible!
A struggling weight lifter.
High diver.
Oh.... and this.
It truly is unbelievable how they can get so much detail carved into a pumpkin!
This was one of our favorites from the carved demonstration pumpkins. Zipper!
The doctor's office. Upstairs a baby was born. Downstairs...well, you know.
A desert pumpkin display has to feature one of our favorite critters...the bobcat!
This one was ugly.
Speaking of ugly.... another desert critter...the javelina.
Yep...that's what happens when it is still in the 80's!
Have a Happy Halloween!
No tricks...more treats!
Witch carved pumpkin was your favorite?
What did the broom say?
Sorry I'm late.... I overswept.


I think my favorite is the pan pipe player. I like the mixed media.
ReplyDelete