Monday, February 22, 2010

new things

Although we are not living smack dab in the middle of the big city, we are close enough to have access to so many new things and new experiences. We went from limited choices to limitless choices. How do you even begin to choose which furniture store, movie theater, clothing store, or restaurant to stop at? We went to Ikea. I didn't know that you could actually check yourself in and stay there for like, three days! And spending time at a delightfully gigantic mall called Fashion Square is a really amazing experience. But, wishing you had your GPS devise in your purse so you can find your way to your car is another story.

Having this extra time off is a new experience too. On his first morning off, in this two week stretch, he got up and was rushing around to start all the things he needed to get done. When I kindly mentioned that he didn't need to try and do all of that in one day he said "oh ya, I have tomorrow too." And the next day and the next...

Seeing and doing new things is what this adventure of ours is all about. And getting our fill of this:

In-N-Out Burger.
It's all about the fries.
And the paper hats.

3 comments:

  1. All the celebrities talk about going to In-N-Out Burgers. Have you figured out all the hype or is it really all about the fries?

    I see you got a counter put on your site. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm not in the burger loop...haven't heard about In-N-Out Burgers. Limitless shopping choices may be right up your alley! Made any purchases?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try to order your burger "animal style" - nice and yummy fattening sauce!

    ReplyDelete