Today we woke up to a cool breeze and rain. I have had the doors and windows open all day and it has been glorious. A glimmer of hope that fall has truly arrived.
And again, opposite of most places, where flowers start to die off getting themselves ready for the winter hibernation, here they are waking up from their summer-heat-induced-slumber. The leaves are turning green again and the flowers are daring to show their faces.
It is like spring in autumn!
Even the hummingbirds are celebrating that summer is over!
The air conditioners are quiet for now, the birds are chirping again, and I am wondering...where are all the falling leaves? I'll take what bit of fall I can get. Even though I'm still wearing shorts and sandals most of the time.
This quote says it best:
"Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower." ~Albert Camus
Beautiful colors for fall rather than the golds and browns. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteRemember, you're welcome to come Fall our way.