Friday, March 22, 2013

our second sale

So, my friend Lori and I did another vintage sale in Colorado. This one was in a different location. Not The Barn this time, but a great old community building out in the country. There were many other vendors who were not new to the party like we were. But what a party it was!

I managed to snap only a handful of pictures and only of our booth area. It would have been nice if I had gotten some of the outside of the building and some of the other great stuff that was there, but you will have to trust me when I say...there was a lot of great old stuff. I took a few quick lookie looks and had to stay on our little side, for fear that I would be tempted to buy a goodie or two. It took a whole lot of restraint!
 Our set up came together quite well and we were pleased with how it turned out. It was a beautiful spring Colorado day and we were able to keep the side door open, letting in a bit of fresh air and warm sunshine.

This built in counter made a great little check out area for us.


 We had things tucked in everywhere, making good use of our little space. Here is one of my collage tables. My songbird theme continues on...which was really perfect for a spring event!

I put a little cardinal nest under this glass dome. The nest was from our yard here in Arizona. The woman who bought it was so excited! She collects nests and was thrilled to have one from another state. I painted a few acorn nuts (courtesy of my sister and brother-in law's tree in Texas) and stuck them in the little nest. Although not real eggs, nor completely egg shaped, they were a cute little addition to the display. (Oh-kay sister, now you know what to do with some of those acorns!)
 
Lori designed and painted the roman numerals on this old piece of rusty salvage.  I happen to think it is quite a nifty piece.

A  tangerine tango stool that I painted. It didn't sell, so for now it is sitting in our family room. It's a happy color!


Now that Easter is right around the corner, I put out some of my white milk glass dishes that I have recently started collecting. I'm wishing I had bought those two little white pieces on the shelf that Lori brought to the sale. I think they would be a great addition to the few pieces that I have. I especially love the little hen on the lid of that bowl.

We both love the old rusty salvage that she has found. Again, I'm wishing some of it would have come home with me for our yard. Isn't the x and o great? We randomly set the fan blade next to the round piece. Someone commented how clever we were with our x and o! (hugs and kisses you know)

And one last shot.
That about wraps up the tour of our little space. It was really busy the first couple of hours. People were  waiting in line an hour before the doors opened in the morning. It is a pretty popular sale out in a little spot called Pea Green. Cute name don't you think?

We enjoyed our time there and especially enjoyed each others company. I got to see some old friends that came because I invited them. And, I got to see some people I know that just happened to come in to the sale. It was great seeing so many familiar faces.

We've dubbed each other our "Vintage Sister". I love that I have a friend that I can call "vintage" !

On another note. When we first moved here I met a couple of women while my sister and I were out browsing around some antique stores. I've actually bumped into them here and there since then, which in a big city such as this, I thought was pretty coincidental. They have a blog and I have kept up with their adventure in "junking". I recently busted out of my comfort zone and contacted them. I asked them out to lunch. It was great to actually talk with them and get to know them more than just the friendly exchanges we have had. They are both very nice, talented and were certainly very warm in welcoming me into their homes. Imagine my surprise when I checked into their blog the other day.
http://mydeartrash.blogspot.com/2013/03/thank-heavens-for-nice-people.html Click on this link if you would like to see for yourself. I didn't know that the quick photo that they took would end up being in a blog post!  I'm hoping to get to know them better and spend a little more time with them some day.

And now...speaking of sisters... one of mine is flying in today with her family. They are spending their spring break here! Fun times ahead!!


1 comment:

  1. Good job on the displays. I've discovered a few new spots in Waco to poke around at vintage items, mostly repurposed. You'll need to make a trip here someday.

    ReplyDelete