Wednesday, January 21, 2015

hummingbird post:two

I'm finally getting back to posting the second series of  interesting hummingbird photos that I was lucky enough to snap last summer. I was in Leah's bedroom and could hear a very high pitched chirping/singing outside of her window. I peeked through the blinds and saw this little guy sitting quietly in the orchid tree. My view wasn't completely clear through blinds and glass, but I got my camera with the telephoto lens and watched and snapped.

The interesting thing to me, when I zoomed in close, was how big his eye looks. You can even see in the photo above how large it looks in comparison to his body. 

He either heard the shutter snap or saw a little movement, because he turned and looked right at me! I was sure he would flit away but instead, he stayed right there and put on a show. I was actually glad he turned, because the light reflected off the magenta feathers around his neck. So pretty!


He started his high pitched singing again. I love this photo!

 He had his foot tucked up under his wing to scratch a little itch.

And scratching around his neck too.

Ahhh.....

A little more ahhh.....

Scratch that itch.

And then he flittered over to another branch even closer to the window. I just had a few moments watching him sing and scratch and pose for my camera before he flitted away.



I put the photos all together into a gif, which stands for graphic interchange format. It's like a little video made from your still shots. It really shows how a slight movement, catching the light in a different way, makes his feathers change colors.


Thank-you little hummingbird for giving me a moment of your day.
Especially on a very hot summer day.




Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Love! Especially the little poem. Aren't you the techie one?

    ReplyDelete