Yesterday, I took a tour around the yard and snapped a few photos of some lovelies in our yard. Without a doubt, this is the most beautiful time of year here in Arizona. I won't be saying that in about four months...but now...in all caps...
THE BEST TIME OF YEAR IS RIGHT NOW!!
The bees are back and lovin' life at the moment. They have abundant pollen at the tips of their bees knees, and with all the citrus trees in bloom and a little fresh water from the fountain, they are fat and happy! I don't even worry about getting stung right now because, honestly, I don't think they are interested. Drunk on pollen without a care in the world. Take a gander at the one that is in flight and blurry at the bottom of the photo. A good surprise when I uploaded the photos. Every day, the edge of the fountain is loaded with bees!

The bees don't have to wander very far, as the lemon tree, which is in full bloom, is right next to the fountain. Easy nectar! They smell wonderful and if the front door is open, I can smell them inside the house. Sweet!!
We had a mild winter, without a really hard freeze this year, and this bougainvillea couldn't be happier. I'm pretty happy myself because, many things that freeze to the ground with our occasional freezing temperatures, survived this winter and are now full and robust! Oh happy Spring!!
Some of the early cactus bloomers are putting their best petal forward! This one is always a favorite!
Raise your hand if you agree!! I'm always still amazed that these sharp, prickly, sometimes quite ugly cacti can produce some of the most beautiful, delicate, lovely smelling flowers!
The roses are on the verge of roseplosion!

Of course, the bright fuchsia color is what makes this so spectacular...but, I edited this photo to black and white. Sometimes I just love a nice black and white photo to emphasize the details.
We put this lavender plant in last year. It is taking off and looks just perfect right now. See the bee?
More roses.
I liked the back of this one.
The blooms on this tree are abundant this time of year. I always warn Chuck...when the yellow is blooming outside you are going to sneeze! Oh...see the bee? A ginormous carpenter bee!
This little potted plant is full of color right now. You know what? This plant was teeny tiny when Austin gave it to me when he was in second grade. His teacher had little cuttings from her house plant that she had each student plant and give to their moms for Mothers Day. Priceless!
The season for bunnies...the real ones love to torment Chuck by eating his little grass lawn!
And finally, this is my Colorado planter. I typed pot first, because it is a plant pot, but now...with the Colorado Pot law I can't really say "this is my Colorado pot", because some might be surprised to find out I'm growing pot and of course, being that it wouldn't be legal here in Arizona, I might get into some trouble. Or be very popular, who knows. Ok...now that the pot tangent is over...let me just say that this planter was potted (a verb now) when I left my yard in Colorado. I dug a slip of Columbine and a few Iris bulbs, all that I could in the December cold, and stuck it is this pot and put it in the back of my car. To my thill...it grew and sprouted that first spring and each spring since. Every year, right about now, I think of that yard and one of my dear friends that I shared my love of gardening with. She has a yard that I always wanted . At the very least, the yard I most loved to stroll through. Jeanne, you know I'm thinking of you!
While typing this post I've had music playing from my iTunes library. Just as I was finishing the sentence about my friend and her beautiful yard, a song came on. I'm a sappy girl. I just sat and listened and thought it ironic that the title of the song is Flor. It is about a flower. It is written and composed and sung by Leah. I tried to load it here...but am not having any luck. It's a pretty one and since she is so far from home right now I got a little nostalgic for her voice.
These kids of mine sure make me my heart bloom!!
And these blooms sure make my face smile!
Happy Spring!












Thanks for your bloomin' thoughts. Love your beautiful flowers and photos.
ReplyDelete