It looks like Christmas around here. Last year, we had our tree up and decorated, but everything else was packed away. So, this year I unpacked things that were still wrapped and packed from the move. It was a little emotional unwrapping a certain little piece of Christmas that was always in the same spot in our old house. As I opened the paper, I would immediately see the place it always graced in our old house and could literally feel and hear the sounds of all our past Christmases. It was time to find a new way to display some of our favorite decorations.
Here are a few old favorites paired together for the first time.

This little nativity set was given to us when the kids were very small. It is a classic Avon Nativity. It was always on the little chest in front of our couch and it is there now too. It was always fun to see a new arrangement of these little figures each day after the kids had played with them. Sometimes, I would find the little sheep or Mary in the most unusual places around the house. Lots of little hands have loved this little Nativity.

Our tree is a very eclectic mix of ornaments. Most of them are handmade. Some by my sisters and Mom. Some by my kids and some by friends. And some by me.I love the mix of ornaments that we hang every year. There are many with a lot of memories. The little heart below is stitched with "Our first Christmas" under the house. It was our first ornament in our first home after we were married.

There are some that are stitched and glued and some that are molded and carved. We have some that have been given to us from my mother-in-law, that were once on their family tree.

We have some with photos. That little baby in the top left corner is me!

I think I love these the most.

Perfectly cute.

Made with love for Momma.

Glue, glitter, p
opsicle sticks, yarn and ribbon all combined with cute faces in school pictures. All proudly made and wrapped and hidden under the tree for me to open on Christmas morning. They were always my favorite little presents to open.

Teachers... these are the very best gifts you can ever have your students create.
I even spotted one that I made.
ReplyDeleteI love the little photo ornaments of my children too.
ReplyDelete