It's time for lemons!
We also have a lime tree that was looking pretty abundant about the time that we hired the crew to do all the trimming out in front. They did a great job clearing out old growth, some dead cactus and making things look a little less cluttered. They even de-cluttered the lime tree.
And here is one of two kumquats on a little kumquat tree. Yes, kumquats do grow on kumquat trees. I'm smart like that.
These I think are tangerines. I can't remember what the previous owner said they were. But that looks to be true.
So, maybe a new tradition will start this year for Christmas. Lemon Meringue pie perhaps?

There is one thing for sure. Holiday music is tops on the favorites list around these parts. Every morning we wake to a little Christmas tune on the radio. Every radio station that I flip to in the car seems to play at least on holiday song here or there. I found one station that "is your Christmas music station for the holidays" and has been playing continuous Christmas music since halloween. I guess when you don't have an outdoor visual reminder saying "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"... then a good constant auditory sensation is what you need to remind you that "Santa Claus is coming to town". Don't get me wrong, I actually love holiday music and have quite a C.D. collection which my family looks forward to each year while decorating the tree.(!) But, I'm thinking this much, this early, just might sour the whole situation.
Like the lady at Whole Foods said to me the other day as she handed me my little container of salad... smiled and said..."Im going to be real tired of that music in about another week."
Maybe it is time for a tall glass of lemonade!
I bet that is strange to see lemons rather than snow. Shawn's been on an orange kick lately but he has to get his at the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteMmmm....lemon meringue. Dad's favorite!
ReplyDeleteAbout the time those people with the out-of-state plates on their cars are there long enough to need Arizona plates, their blood will have thinned and they, too, will need mittens and scarves. It happens!
ReplyDeleteThey're smart Karen, they are the "winter birds" and they will leave again when the weather gets hot.
ReplyDeleteOh, you were talking about THOSE people!
ReplyDelete