I have mentioned before that these two palm trees were quickly becoming the most photographed spot in the yard. They are pretty grand and the sky behind them usually puts on a pretty nice display, especially at sundown. So, it goes without saying, since I love a good sunset, and I'm pretty much a creature of habit, I have a little collection of photos starring these two palms and the sky behind them. These were all taken on different days or evenings throughout the time that we have been here.
Just an average blue sky day.

And an average sunset.

A sunset with a little more drama.

Bring on the drums and the string section.

Now add the woodwinds... the concert is about to begin. This is an
unedited photograph. We were having a huge rainstorm and I looked out the window because there was an interesting 'glow' in the sky. As I waited for a few minutes the glow turned to an amazing shock of gold. The rest of the sky behind me was very dark and erie looking.

Sometimes, the reflections are better than the actual sky itself.

I've tried many times to get the little sun spot that the lens of the camera produces at just the right angle.

Just perfect clouds and the trunk of another palm tree in the right hand foreground.

And the night sky with just the last hint of another day done.

I'm sure this spot will continue to be a favorite photo location. Right now, the owls are back and one of them is usually perched up in the top of one of these trees. Every night and sometimes the early morning they are up there "whooing" away.
Who doesn't love a good sunset?
Great location.
ReplyDeleteGreat photos.
Great commentary.
Great Photos! I especially loved the really orange one.
ReplyDeleteSometimes we phone each other around here to go outside to see the sunset. I love a good one too.
ReplyDelete