I was treated to a very special breakfast for Mother's day. While I was sequestered away in my bedroom, the youngest daughter was busy in the kitchen. She started the preparations the night before and finished it up in the morning. She even took a "during" photograph, thinking I might just want to see the in-between progress.
And when I was finally called out to the patio... this was presented to me. The older sister made the centerpiece and cut some fresh roses for me to enjoy.
Crepes! With homemade raspberry sauce and a smear of chocolate sprinkled with pecans. Her plating skills were very nice and the crepes were delicious!
If you have ever watched the TV show called Chopped, you will know the idea behind the show is that chefs are given a basket full of ingredients and go head to head preparing an appetizer, entree and a dessert, with those ingredients. They have just 30 minutes in each round to do so. They are judged on best use of ingredient, taste and presentation. The chef with the least tasty item gets "chopped" and leaves the show.
After tasting our crepes Rachel said, "Well Leah, you won't get "chopped" for this meal." To which Leah replied...
"But it took me an hour and a half to make it!"
A special morning for me.
Ymmmm! You had a great day! Every time I read your blog I smile, laugh, and are amazed at your fascinating discoveries that you see and record so beautifully. You have certainly been the one to shape and mold your kids into people who see rainbows!!
ReplyDeleteWe loved the photos of your graduates and long to come to the party! We'll see how it works out. It's hard to leave my dad these days, but I'm feeling a little bit too tethered down! It would be great to jump in the car and GO!!!
Winds are picking up today! I was going to plant my flower pots but think I might have to wait til later in the week. Spring is coming...the grossbeaks are here and I'm waiting for your orioles to come north! Love ya! j
Send me your current email address. I sent you a mothers day card, but it came back!!!
Sounds like a great breakfast and probably a great day!
ReplyDeleteIf it makes Leah feel any better about her time frame, Uncle Mark cooked six briskets for the Mother's Day lunch for the women of the church. He spent 12 hours preparing and cooking.
ReplyDeleteLeah, since you are now an experienced crepe-ster maybe you will make them for me the next time I visit? They look absolutely delicious.
A special morning for a special mom!
ReplyDelete