Monday, May 16, 2011

turning the tassel

We had a very proud moment last friday.
The college boy walked the stage and turned his tassel from the left side to the right side, making him a graduate of the 2011 class. Turning to a new chapter in his book of life. We hope it will be a good chapter. The rest so far have been worthy of a best seller so we can't wait to see how the next one turns out. We will be anxiously waiting to turn the pages!
And we couldn't be prouder.


As we boarded the plane I couldn't help but think about all those chapters. It was all I could do to not get all sappy and become that tearful mother that I'm pretty good at being. So, I just closed my eyes and took a much needed nap.
When I woke up I was told to look out the window.
There at the end of the wing, above all the clouds... was the moon.

And then a little while later...

Sunset alert!
A perfect ending.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Austin and the rest of you for the momentous occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful day for an outdoor graduation. We are also proud of Austin's accomplishment. Congratulations from a corner of Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a great day! Way to go Austin!

    ReplyDelete