Here it is. The news about my exciting new adventure!
I've always loved antiques, collecting vintage goodies, and just old things in general. With my art background, my long-ago retail experience and my desire to fulfill a dream...
I'm joining a new shop that is opening in Phoenix and starting my very own little vintage corner.
In fact...keeping the theme of this moment in my life, this little corner is aptly named
I have been hunting up unique finds, painting and gathering it all in a shop called
Rusty Saturday. I met them at a vintage sale close to my home and finally decided to make the leap, be brave and contact them about renting a space in their new shop.
It's about time time...right?
I've loaded my space and tagged and tweaked everything and now the little corner is just waiting for the doors of the store to open. I made the collage sign to mark my space in the shop.
I'm hoping that people will love my collage tables as much as I do. Is it wrong that I made these things with the purpose to sell, but now I am a bit attached and almost hate to see them go?
One of my clipboards.
I tried something new. A large art collage piece for the wall. I like how this turned out and I love the addition of the rusty wire. I think these hanging just as is will be nice, but a person could tuck photos or other little keepsakes between the wires as an inspiration board.
A view from the other side of the room. The Rusty Saturday girls have this great painted number table sitting next to my stuff. I like the way it all looks together. When I left yesterday, I was the only one set up in this room. The other vendors are suppose to set up today and tomorrow. It will be exciting to see "the neighbors'" things when they fill up their space.
It was a little hard to do this on my own, without my ever-vintage-loving friend Lori who lives in Colorado. We have enjoyed our sales together and hope to still do more. We are hoping to get more of her things (there are a few pieces mixed in with mine) to add to my space. I appreciate her and my sisters and family who have encouraged me and supported me in my latest venture.
I will be adding photos of projects here on my blog from time to time, and of course I will continue to chase wildlife around my yard. I hope you keep up with me!
For anyone in the area, or anyone that might like to just jet in to Phoenix, there is a friends and family event this Thursday from 5-8 pm. Saturday, the 15th is the grand opening day! Come by and see us!
Also, I now have a facebook page for my new shop. You can follow and 'like' me there.
Cheers!
Congratulations! I am so proud of you and happy for you. I predict that your corner will soon be bare. Some of those little birds will fly the coop, so to speak. Keep painting and collaging to refill your corner. By the way...I LOVE the blue rocker!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful blog post! We are so happy to have you at Rusty Saturday! We think you found the best place for The Fourth Corner! Hugs! -Angie and Jenna
ReplyDeleteHappy days! Scrounging, sanding, storing, now selling. Your corner looks great! Have fun at the grand opening. Wish I could be there.
ReplyDelete