Wednesday, July 10, 2013

it's so hot...

...it's exhausting.




We have not seen the bobcats this summer. Until this evening.
We didn't know there was a new group of babies. Until this evening.

There were two little ones and one mama.  I looked out the kitchen window and saw the little one above, just hanging down over the brick column, snoozing away. We laughed and laughed at its cuteness and could sympathize with his heat exhaustion.
I snapped a few pictures through the window and then decided to sneak out and try to get a bit closer. I snapped one picture (that turned out to be blurry) before the little guy woke up.


He lifted his head and looked at me like, "ya...I'm here, you're there, it's too hot for me to care."


                                   And that is how he stayed until the sun went down.

That is pretty much how Chuck and I have looked most of this week. Except we are on rafts floating around in the pool.

Exhausting.

1 comment:

  1. As I walked across the parking lot to go into the grocery store today, I thought about you. It was about 98 degrees and it was hot! I could not imagine what it would be like at 10 or 20 degrees more like you've been experiencing. I knew I would probably not be parking so far out in the parking lot, or even venturing out of the air conditioning at high noon!

    ReplyDelete