Monday, July 29, 2013

on our way

to Santa Fe.

We landed in the Land of Enchantment Sunday night. In Albuquerque to be exact. The city we got married in just a few short years ago. Well, more than a few. We are back for the week, in Santa Fe for Chuck to attend some meetings and for us to celebrate our anniversary.

When I woke up this morning and looked out the window I saw the New Mexico flag flying in the nice cool morning breeze. Ahhh... cool mornings.

While Chuck was in meetings this morning I walked around the plaza in Old Town Santa Fe.  The local shops and architecture are uniquely southwest and really speak to the rich heritage in this area.

I walked to the open park area in the plaza and was pleasantly surprised to hear live music. They are smack dab in the middle of their summer concert series and since the day was perfectly sunshiny, I decided to enjoy some local food and music. I got a yummy fajita and found a nice spot to sit in the grass and enjoy my lunch.

The trees were large and in charge.

The flowering baskets? Large and beautiful.

The locals? Colorful and eclectic. And a little artsy. This guy made me think of one of my photography classes in college. We had an assignment on portraits and I focused mine on interesting people on the streets, trying to capture their portraits in a candid manner. Although, at the time, I did it all in black in white. But this guy sitting on the bench really made me think of all those rolls of film I snapped of lots and lots of people. The more interesting the better. I still have the book I made for that assignment.

 A beautiful cathedral at the end of one of the streets right off of the plaza.


Later this evening we met up for dinner on a balcony patio overlooking the plaza. Music was still going on and we enjoyed ourselves. It was so relaxing!

This band was playing. Two brothers called Round Mountain and they were so good. They played a variety if instruments including the bagpipes. The temperature was perfect, the sky was clear...so nice!

And it looks like we are in luck. The music will be continuing all this week!

Check back to see more of my walk about Santa Fe tomorrow.

They call New Mexico The Land of Enchantment for a reason.

In case anyone is keeping track. I have been in three of the four corner states in the past two weeks! Too bad I didn't take a quick little detour through Utah on my drive home last week.

It would have been the ultimate Fourth Corner adventure !

1 comment: