Thursday, March 16, 2017
I wonder what's blooming?
The desert is in bloom right now! With all the rain we had last month, color is bursting out everywhere!! We have several of these purple beauties in our yard and the fragrance is really nice. In fact, there are quite a few fragrant things blooming in our yard and with windows and doors open already ( yes, temperatures have been hitting the high 80's) we can smell the fragrance inside. My nose rather likes it. Chuck's...not so much. In fact, he is one walking sneeze factory right now. My sneezes are more frequent than any other place I've ever lived, but I don't suffer with allergies like he does. At all. Poor guy.
When things start blooming and people start sneezing, you often hear..."I wonder what's blooming right now?" quite frequently. I'm pretty much a believer that... "anything yellow will bring sneezes to every fellow." ( I made that up just now). Yesterday Chuck said that a pollen count of 100 can be considered high. He heard on the radio that the pollen count was reaching 10,000. Achoo! The Brittlebush, which is a native dessert plant full of pretty yellow flowers, is blooming everywhere! All the moisture has given it free reign to explode like crazy. I'm waiting for the mountain to turn completely yellow, like it does only occasionally.
I was at the garden nursery a couple of days ago. This particular nursery is a treat to 4 out of 5 senses. I didn't taste any of the flowers so I'll just go with sight, smell and touch. Oh and hearing .
I was so tempted and had to force myself from filling up my cart. It was just beautiful with blooms everywhere!! There were rows and rows of flowers, tress and shrubs with colorful blossoms! It's veggie planting season here too, so there was an abundance of vegetables and herbs as well. I spent about an hour just looking at all the pretty plants and reminding myself...you have to water all those beauties you keep wanting to add to your cart. A small amount did make it home with me. wink wink.
While wandering around enjoying the colorful extravaganza, I kept hearing a woman sneezing over and over again. Constantly. And then I heard her say the funniest thing to one of the nursery employees. She said with her Kleenex near her nose...
"I wonder what's blooming?"
That's all I have to say about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment