Friday, June 18, 2010

fruit

We have a few fruit trees in the yard. They all have fruit that is in different stages of growth. From the peaches that had grown and were starting to ripen when something ate them, to the little tiny tangerines that are just beginning to grow. We had a great old plum tree in Colorado that I made delicious jam from almost every year. These trees are all young, so I'm not sure we will get enough to do anything more than just sample, if we are lucky. Here is where they are in their development right now.

Plums. Almost ready.

Key limes. Looking like a lime.

Lemons. Looking like limes.

A little tiny fig. Looking like a little fig, I guess.

The very tiny tangerines.

And we also have some grape vines. These are pretty cute.

And here is a creative shot.

So, if nothing gets to this fruit first, we might each get a little taste.
Anyone placing bets?

1 comment:

  1. I'm using those party favor blowing things with colorful shiny fringe and little pinwheels to ward off the birds from eating my ripening tomatoes. So far so good! Looks like a party in the backyard.

    ReplyDelete