Friday, July 16, 2010

late for the party


I've pretty much covered the highlights of the weekend of fun. The days that my sister and son were here went all too quickly and it has taken me a long time to get the highlights posted. I had plenty of interruptions for more wildlife moments, which I will be covering soon. It was hard to stay focused on the weekend highlights and not just skip to the critter action.

So, it is now the middle of July and I think I am starting to show my age. Two weeks on this new road ...



My birthday kicked off the July 4th weekend and it was a great party with extra family around to make it special. We had a great time and I can't believe that I am just now sharing a couple of birthday photos. A little late but that's okay. We had a nice dinner on the 4th, celebrating Independence Day and my birthday, which was a couple of days earlier. My in-laws were there as well as the family and Aunt Helen! My sweet daughters made me a cake. They cleaned out the birthday candle box to get just the right amount of wax and flame!

I blew them all out in one breath. Almost. The cake was delicious and I think they did a great job decorating it with all those candles!

I wonder if this was their inspiration?

I love cake and having people sing to me!

3 comments:

  1. Even though there were a lot of candles, the soft lighting made a pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, no confetti poppers to catch on fire like a decade ago? Ten years wiser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of candles. 50 is a good age but I am having trouble with 54.

    ReplyDelete