Baby Quail!
Lets all breath a sigh of relief and let me here a collective "hooray" for the Mama Quail. She finally successfully hid her little nest of eggs from all the wild predators and their cameras. I had not seen much of the two parents for awhile and then one day...these guys appeared.

It was the day I was taking more pictures of the bobcats which are soon to be featured here. As I was zooming in on the cat babies, I noticed them all sit up and perk their ears. When I looked over to the other end of the yard I saw a little gathering of birds. I didn't know what they were until I ran to another window. Here were all these little funny things getting a drink from a puddle of water by the pool. They didn't stick around long and I only managed a few pictures through the window. They are fast little buggers and although I have seen them a time or two since, I haven't been quick enough to get another picture. They also grow really quickly, as they are much bigger now.

They are cute little things following their parents around.

They must not be a popular feasting item for the cats. They are probably too quick for them. The doves on the other hand...

They took off just as quickly as they appeared. I can thank the perky ears of the baby bobcats for directing my attention their way. I'm happy she finally got her little flock past the egg stage.
That was an effort... I am sure.
Lots of happy birthdays!!!
ReplyDelete