Tuesday, August 3, 2010

comfortable cats

Our little bobcat friends became so comfortable in our yard. They had everything they needed for an evening picnic. They brought their own food, found a nice grassy area to lounge in, had plenty of shade and nice cool water to drink. Perfect for them. Great photo subjects for me. Not so exciting for the birds and bunnies who were becoming dinner. And a bit unnerving when we wanted to be out in the yard and were unsure of how they would share their new turf. After being around, off and on for a couple of months, it seems they don't mind at all. They are not one bit afraid of us and do not scare off too easily. We are still cautious of how close we are to the babies when the Momma is around. These pictures were from a few weeks ago. I haven't gotten around to writing about them and then we hadn't seen them for awhile. Until this week. They are around again. In fact, I had been hearing a little something on the roof once in awhile and thought it was the birds. However, we saw one of the babies climb the front tree and jump on to the roof and scamper to the other side. One big giant playground. I have gotten some good pictures of these little critters. Again, I will say, they are quite cute.

The momma.

The thirsty momma.
Momma again.
Momma with her three babies. I hadn't seen any of them ever nursing before. This little one is the runt and seemed to have a bum leg. I believe they loved the soft leaves of this plant. They spent a fair amount of time crawling in and around it.

The little one finished it's snack and stayed close to momma while the other two were off playing.

Cute huh?

I'm sure the grass is a big attraction as to why they love our yard so much. Better than the prickly desert ground. How cute are the spots on his belly? Look at the size of his paws.

And then they all just stretched out for a nice little nap.

I'm pretty sure I have a few more photos to share. So, lets just call this bobcat week and devote a few days to them.
If I can share my yard I guess I can share my blog too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you share. Again, I can't believe that I missed them.

    ReplyDelete