Well, we spent our last day in this great city yesterday. All I have to say is a place like this really inspires your creative side. Let's see how well the two of us put that inspiration to use. As far as my post today, all I will give you is a pictorial view of just some of the things I saw yesterday. We spent most of the afternoon walking through art galleries. There are a lot of them.
Painted tiles are everywhere.
The Georgia O'Keefe Museum Research Center. Lovely.
One of many small chapels.
Flowers.
Pigeons. Look closely. Not only are they on the roof line...there is one on every wood post.
An interesting unicorn mermaid sculpture.
These are the flowers on an Angel Trumpet plant. We have a really small one in our yard, that has bloomed only twice since we have been there. It always looks very sickly. I never knew that it could look like this!!
It was in an indoor atrium area inside a gallery. Being in this environment is probably why it has done so well. They are actually a shrub that can grow and be pruned to look like a tree. This was amazing! It was like an umbrella opened above us with the flowers just dangling down. So pretty.
And then, amongst all the vines and trees I spotted something familiar. Mom ? Are you seeing this?
It is a Hoya plant. The same variety of plant that she has from a cutting of her mother's plant. My mom's has never bloomed. I have a cutting of her plant that I have had in a jar with water for about 20 years. It bloomed every year, so I never wanted to disturb it by planting it in soil. However, since moving, my plant has never bloomed. Time to plant it? The one in this atrium was huge. The vine had mingled through the trees and the wood trellis and it was just so pretty. Controlled temperatures, plenty of water and just the right humidity is probably what both of these plants need to thrive.
Old iron work is everywhere. Around windows, doors and entryways leading to the prettiest courtyards.
This shop had a lot of old salvaged architectural pieces. Too big to carry-on the plane and way too expensive to ship home.
The courtyard into my favorite little gallery was just so peaceful. The owner had such simple little touches everywhere that I just loved. It was her attention to small details that thrilled me! Like this beautiful white rose bud floating in the bird bath. Even the wasp was enjoying it.
Draped around her doorway were long garlands made from marigold blossoms. Something so simple...so pretty. I think I will be growing some marigolds so I can do this for my fall decorating.
Window boxes and flowers were so abundant. I love this look-pretty on the inside too.
The artists make use of every painting area.
Speaking of painting. An artist easel, chair and palette sit quietly along the street.
The palette. This is when art becomes art.
Do you wonder what is behind this old weathered door and stucco wall? Another pretty courtyard leading to a quaint Southwest home, no doubt.
What does one do with all their used, worn-out old paint brushes?
To end the day we went to a neat little restaurant for dinner. The outdoor patio was a perfect spot to spend our last evening in Santa Fe. The breeze was just perfect, clouds were rolling in and a little lightening was dashing through the sky. To top it off...we were serenaded by this accordion player. He was really good and it was a pleasant surprise to have him play while we enjoyed our meal.
Thank-you Santa Fe for the nice week. We sure did love it.
Now, as I sit here at the airport gate waiting for our plane to board...I say...
Adios New Mexico!
I feel fortunate to have shared your vacation without ever leaving my home...well, that's not quite right. I've been to Florida and back. Beautiful in Santa Fe!
ReplyDelete