When I first decided I would feature a post about my adventurous day I had last friday, I thought I would title it, appropriately enough..."what I did on friday." It was all about finding an estate sale out in the boonies and scoring a deal on some vintage jewelry, a great carved wooden box, a few table linens and a stack of old blank western union telegram paper. I was there late enough to hit the half price sale, getting all the above mentioned items for 15.00. Such a deal! After leaving the estate sale I wandered into the Carefree Plaza to check out the farmers market. I went home with a loaf of yummy homemade bread, apricot jam, salsa, cookies and fresh oranges. The farmers market runs from October through May, once again "seasonal confusion" messing with my brain. We enjoyed the bountiful goodness all weekend.
While I was out driving to the estate sale I passed this sign:

So you see, I was still going to title the post "what I did on friday" and include the pictures of the finds from the sale and the goodies from the farmers market. Then I was going to end it with that warning sign and a simple "
that's not something you see every day." But then something happened to change my mind.
Keep reading. This is a long one but a good one.
Tonight, we had Chuck's Aunt and Uncle over for dinner. They came late in the afternoon and we went out in the yard to show them around. We pointed out the spot where we had put up our bird feeder and told of all the feathered friends that have been flocking to the feeder and emptying it out daily. Cardinals, doves and song birds, to name a few. The women went back into the house to finish dinner preparations while the men folk stayed outside. A little while later Chuck came running in to get the camera. He wouldn't tell me what he was going to take pictures of he just said "I'll show you in a minute".
Well...guess what other kind of friends like bird seed leftovers!

They're
javelinas people!

Four big one's and two babies.

IN OUR YARD!

With beady eyes and long hairy snouts!

Running down our driveway!

Because said men folk* chased them away.....
by throwing a basketball at them!
Imagine my horror when they showed me the pictures.
"IN OUR YARD!"
Do you hear me?
*That basketball chucking man folk is wishing he hadn't sold his bow and arrow in our Montrose yard sale.
...and they call that "Carefree"?
ReplyDeleteSomeone must of dropped the S at some point.
ReplyDeleteScarefree!
Aren't they cute?! I waited all weekend to hear about the estate sale....little did I know.
ReplyDelete